Brandon University is OPEN today (Wednesday, March 8).
However, many highways in the area are still closed — do not drive on a closed highway. Please stay safe and use your own discretion in deciding whether to attend. Plan for extra travel time.
Please be cautious and stay aware of the slippery and snow-drifted sections that are common on and off campus.
Due to road conditions, some classes and activities may be affected, including potential cancellation. Those updates will be provided here as they become available.
Updates for Wednesday, March 8:
- 04:354 Evaluation and Assessment (MY-SY) is cancelled.
- 18:271 Organic Chemistry II labs are cancelled. Students will receive more information via email.
- 48:664 MELS Graduate Seminar Course. The presentations planned for today will be rescheduled.
- 54:156 Canada Since Confederation (12:40 p.m.) is cancelled. Students can find an online assignment on the course Moodle page.
- 82:484 History of Psychological Ideas and 82:251 Fundamentals of Research II A01 are cancelled.
- Writing Skills afternoon walk-ins are cancelled.
- Sally Payne’s office hours and study hall are cancelled.
- Math and Computer Science 62:206 (10:40 a.m.), 62:273 (11:40 a.m.) and 62:161 (12:40 p.m.) will run as scheduled but no new material will be covered. Today’s classes will be revision and/or exercises.
Brandon University is CLOSED today (Tuesday, March 7) and ALL CLASSES CANCELLED. This applies to all classes, labs and exams scheduled for the Brandon campus today. The Healthy Living Centre is also closed. Classes are also cancelled in Dauphin, however the Winnipeg campus is open normal hours. In Brandon, the ongoing storm has blocked doors and parking lots are heavily snowed in or impassable. As we clear paths, it is blowing back in. Staff, faculty and students should stay home, and stay warm. For those on campus, for example in residence, Harvest Hall is open regular business hours today (their featured item is a delicious grilled cheese sandwich, featuring brie and Swiss cheeses, green apple slices, bacon and hot pepper jelly. Faculty who were scheduled to be at the Brandon Career Symposium should know that it will be very quiet today. They can attend if they like, but are not required (Update: the evening session of the Career Symposium is cancelled). We expect to be open tomorrow, and will update you as soon as we can. <— UPDATE: We are open for Wednesday, March 8
- Brandon University
To receive any BU publication in an alternate format please contact Communications@BrandonU.ca
Success is built at Brandon University. Our growing, progressive campus welcomes a diverse and inclusive community that combines proud tradition with shared ambition. Through our excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship, we educate students to make a meaningful difference as engaged citizens and leaders. Join us at BrandonU.ca.