Brandon University bid a fond farewell and a warm thank-you to about two dozen retiring employees with a dinner on Wednesday evening.
“Brandon University is a strong and caring institution because we are made up of strong and caring people, and it is an honour to celebrate all of the dedication on display here today,” said BU President David Docherty. “Just to think of the incredible difference you have made in the lives of students and colleagues is humbling and inspiring. Thank you.”
The retirees represented more than 500 years of cumulative service to Brandon University, spanning across all sectors of the campus. Four were retiring with more than 40 years of service, with Dr. Meir Serfaty retiring after 45 years, followed by Karen Anderson with 42 years, and Maureen Barrett and Steve Dzubinski, who are each retiring with 41 years of service.
- Photo gallery coming soon.
LIST OF RETIREES:
- Dr. Meir Serfaty, Faculty of Arts – 45 years
- Karen Anderson, Library Services – 42 years
- Maureen Barrett, BUFA Office – 41 years
- Steven Dzubinski, Faculty of Education – 41 years
- Al Dunthorne, Information Technology Services – 37 years
- Paul O’Driscoll, Student Services – 38 years
- Charles Palmer, Physical Plant – 35 years
- Douglas Macintyre, Student Services – 30 years
- Daryle McCannell, Faculty of Education – 30 years
- Dr. Ann Bowman, Faculty of Health Studies – 27 years
- Deb Berkan, Institutional Data & Analysis – 27 years
- Dr. Noreen Ek, Faculty of Health Studies – 26 years
- Robert Mott, Physical Plant – 23 years
- Julie Ann Kniskern, Faculty of Education – 21 years
- Heather Beesley, School of Music – 15 years
- Randy Patton, Library Services – 14 years
- Felicia Lucec, Faculty of Health Studies – 12 years
- Kenneth Gibb, Physical Plant – 10 years
- Alan Levy, Faculty of Arts – 10 years
- Dr. Ken Friesen, Faculty of Education – 9 years
- Dr. Laurelyn Whitt, Faculty of Arts – 9 years
- Eileen Silvius, Faculty of Education – 8 years
- Dr. David Neale, Campus Manitoba – 6 years
- Betty Braaksma, Library Services – 6 years
- Brandon University
To receive any BU publication in an alternate format please contact Communications@BrandonU.ca
Success is built at Brandon University. Our growing, progressive campus welcomes a diverse and inclusive community that combines proud tradition with shared ambition. Through our excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship, we educate students to make a meaningful difference as engaged citizens and leaders. Join us at BrandonU.ca.